How to Apply For A Juvenile Card?
Table of Contents
Juvenile Card (JV)
A juvenile card in Pakistan is an advanced biometric identity card for a child that has their photo, name, and address on it. It is issued by NADRA for children under 18 years of age. There’s no online facility available to apply for a Juvenile card, and the parents or guardians of the child must visit a NADRA registration center with their valid NIC cards to apply for it.
When you visit the NADRA registration center you will have to go undergo an application procedure that includes the following steps.
- You will receive a token.
- Your photograph will be taken.
- You will have to provide your fingerprints and signature.
- You will be asked to review a printed form that will have all your required data on it.
- A printed version of your application form will be given to you.
Documents Required for Juvenile Card
The following documents are required to apply for a Juvenile card and you will have to take them with you to the NADRA registration center.
- Original National Identity Card (NIC)/Smart National Identity Card (SNIC)/National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP)/Smart National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (SNICOP) of the child’s parent or guardian and one original document (Child Registration Certificate (CRC) or matric certificate or mark sheet or domicile or passport).
- Attestation of CNICF by any blood or immediate relative OR NADRA Regulation 9(a-h)
- Original NIC/SNIC-NICOP/SNICOP of parent and presence & attestation/verification of one blood relative(s) (preferably Father).
- For disability logo, you will be required to have a disability certificate issued by the National or Provincial Council for Rehabilitation of disabled persons (N/PCRDP/Social welfare AJK/GB).
- An applicant of FATA/PATA can have their Juvenile card processed from anywhere in Pakistan. If the child’s parents are not registered, then countersign on CNICF by PA/APA will be required.
What is the Juvenile Card Process Time?
The card is issued within 30 days if you opt for normal means, 15 days if you apply for urgent and 7 days if you apply for fast track.
Juvenile Card Benefits
There are many juvenile card advantages. The card will store health and vaccination records of the child and will come in handy if the need to show your child’s vaccination and health records arise. The juvenile card will be helpful for educational purposes and might be required when your child is applying for a new educational institute. The card might be needed by the embassies of different countries as well if your child is traveling abroad.